The main topics of SEH board meeting
The main topics of SEH Board meeting 5.3.2007 :
- SEH is financially fit (Treasurer’s report)
- Future community events will be moved from town center to softball field (security reason once road opens).
- Egg hunt (over 400 people) was a huge success.
- A project for a shade structure is in the works in the grass area of the town center. The cost will be split between the City of San Marcos, the Developer, and a SEH foundation.
- The Safety Services Committee welcomes all safety events ideas by SEH residents.
- SEH Board of Directors is potentially reconsidering the idea of building a sand volleyball court at the Questhaven park after it heard strong arguments against it from nearby homeowners. The Board is willing to consider a grass volleyball court as a substitute if the storage for the net and the responsibility for the maintenance can be clearly defined. Other ideas have been brought to the board as well: shaded structure, bathroom, “bigger kids” playground, working with SEH Middle to open athletic facilities to residents (improve existing pathetic sand courts at SEH middle)
- The board received numerous applications for the SEH tree committee. It will make a decision on whom to choose after carefully reviewing the need for this committee.
- The Board is looking into amending the Basketball Hoop Rules (Rules and Regulations). The goal is to make the rules more flexible to accommodate all residents. A letter on this issue will be sent to all homeowners to review.
- The Developer submitted a plan to the City of San Marcos to repaint the trim of the SEH Gas Station. The board is waiting for the City to respond.