San Elijo Life ™ – #1 Community Website for Everything in San Elijo Hills
What is San Elijo Life and How do I Participate?
San Elijo Life ™ – #1 Community Website for Everything in San Elijo Hills since 2006 (working on our 10th year!). We cover News and Events for San Marcos and San Elijo Hills.
The intention of San Elijo Life is to support San Elijo Hills and San Marcos resident’s with current information and ideas. We have lived in SEH since 2004 and have a great love for “Life in The Hills.” The site is independent from the developer and the homeowner’s association (HOA). The site is supported by paid advertising. We welcome guest posts and reporting, and your participation!
The key to San Elijo Life is the participation of its readers on our site and social media. We encourage everyone to share what they see, what they know, and how they feel. Here are 7 ways that you can contribute to the San Eljio Life, and be part of San Elijo Hills and San Marcos open online community.
List is not in order of priority or importance.
- REPORT BREAKING NEWS – Hear or witness some news? Send a breaking news report to firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our Facebook Page. It can be as brief as one sentence or posted as a request for more information. Example: “Three fire trucks just went by with sirens blaring. What is up?” We’ll post the report and people who see it on the site or social media will add details. We can sort it out as a group that is open to all. Communication will help us all.
- BE A REPORTER – Do you know about something interesting happening in San Elijo Hills or San Marcos? If it is interesting to you, then it’s sure to be interesting to others in the community. Send it in via email or Facebookpost or IM us via Facebook. We try to be fast!
- COMMENT – Share what you know on our site and Facebook. Whether its details about a breaking news report, government press release, citizen report, photo, or anything else posted on the website, the San Elijo Hills/San Marcos community benefits when you add your input. Sometimes you might have an answer to a specific question, other times you might know some related piece of information. Once again, if it is interesting to you, it will be interesting to others.
- WRITE AN OP-ED/GUEST POST – Got an opinion about something local? Write it down and argue your side of the story. Op-EDs should be between 500 to 1000 words in length. We require that you be willing to share your name with readers. Op-EDs cannot promote local businesses or political figures, and are subject to approval of San Elijo Life. Maybe you would like to write a weekly cooking post? This is a great chance for local students to practice some journalism. Photos are important and help tell the story.
- POST AN EVENT – It’s the same form for news or events. Be sure to include the date, time, place and any other information about the event. Be sure to specify whether it is a free event or not. Please also send a photo or logo. Please share who is producing/hosting the event, some readers think we host the Farmers Market, Business Expo etc. :).
- ASK A QUESTION – Got something you want to know that has local relevance? The question could be historical, factual or just something you’re curious about. Lots of great insight comes from “Question and Answer” posts. Email your question to email@example.com, or post on Facebook.
- TELL A FRIEND – If a friend shows you a cool local photo, tells you some news, conveys a strong opinion … tell them that they should send their stuff in to San Elijo Life! We have a lot of new San Elijo Hills residents who are not clear on what going on and who is responsible for what..lets sort this out and work as a community.
San Elijo Life Advertising Opportunities
We offer several advertising and sponsorship packages for businesses, services and community members. Ranging from email: social media, home page banner ad placement to business directory listings, we have a package to fit your business needs and budget. We can help tell the story of your business to build local community.
For more information about advertising opportunities please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760 496-8134
Our Commitment To San Elijo Hills:
San Elijo Elementary Country Fair Sponsor
San Elijo Hills Foundation Shade Structure Project Donor
SEMS Golf Classic Hole Sponsor
San Elijo Hills AYSO Sponsor
San Elijo Hills 5K Sponsor
We are local residents and HOA and PTO Volunteers
Thanks for all your Support & Readership!
Edward & Michelle Philbrick
Enjoy Life in The Hills.