Rattlesnake season is upon us! Advanced Veterinary Care is offering a Discount on Vaccine
Rattlesnake season is upon us!
Unfortunately, hot summer weather dramatically increases rattlesnake activity in our beautiful hills, putting us and our pets in potential danger.
What can you do to protect your dog? Here are some tips:
- Vaccinate your dog with the rattlesnake vaccine.
- Keep your dog on leash, and near the center of the trail whenever possible.
- Work with your dog to ensure he comes when he is called, so that if you hear or see a snake, you can get your dog away quickly and effectively.
- Stay on wide, established trails instead of hiking through areas where snakes can easily hide.
- Don’t allow your dog to burrow, sniff around in bushes or otherwise try to tangle with wildlife.
- Consider installing snake-proof fencing on your property.
Signs of a snake bite include puncture wounds from the fangs of the snake, bruising, rapid swelling and pain. If you suspect your dog may have been bitten, immediately seek veterinary attention; if at all possible call ahead, so our veterinary team can prepare. The doctors and staff at Advanced Veterinary Care are experienced at treating rattlesnake envenomation and are prepared to provide aggressive care for your pet, including anti-venom, in the event that they are bitten.
The rattlesnake vaccine is not indicated for every dog. Dr. Riehl and Dr. Thomas are happy to make a recommendation as to whether or not your dog should be vaccinated based upon his or her lifestyle and degree of potential exposure. Please call our office today at 760-736-3636 to schedule an appointment for your dog’s vaccine or to find out if the vaccine is recommended for your pet. Dogs who have never been vaccinated for the rattlesnake vaccine will need a booster in 2-3 weeks from the first vaccine. Both vaccines will be discounted by 50% if performed within the month of July.
Offer good through July 1st-31st. The discounted cost of the vaccine is 14.50. Vaccinated animals still require timely, aggressive emergency care in the event of a bite.
Advanced Veterinary Care is committed to your pet’s health and safety this summer.
Advanced Veterinary Care of San Elijo
1691 Melrose Dr Suite # 110
San Marcos, CA 92078