Attendance Boundary Committee December Update from SMUSD
On December 7th, the District’s Attendance Boundary Committee (Committee) met for the third time. The Committee is tasked with providing two recommendations to the Governing Board.
- Recommendation #1: Propose adjustments to current attendance boundaries to optimize student capacity at each school.
- Recommendation #2: Propose an implementation plan / schedule for the Board-approved attendance boundary adjustments.
- On January 16th, 2018, the Governing Board will hear a presentation from the Attendance Boundary Committee Chair on the recommendations from the Committee. There will be no vote or action by the Governing Board at this meeting.
- The week prior to the January 16th meeting, the recommendations will be placed on the District’s website for community review. Instructions will be uploaded in how to view the maps and a link will be made available where comments may be submitted.
- The Governing Board has the option to hold special board meeting to further study the recommendations from the Attendance Boundary Committee prior the the meeting on February 20, 2018.
- The soonest the Governing Board would vote on attendance boundary changes will be at the meeting on February 20, 2018.