San Elijo Elementary PTO Updates
Islands Dine Out
The March dine-out will be held at Islands in Encinitas on Monday, March 26th, from 4:00pm-9:00pm, with 20% of all food and beverage purchases going back
It’s Otis cookie time again! The Otis Spunkmeyer fundraiser began last Friday and ends on April 6th. Otis Spunkmeyer offers ready-to-bake frozen cookie dough, plus pretzels and brownies. Each item sells for $16.00. Prizes will be given out to students for selling 1 or more items. Please look for details in the packets that went home with your child last week. 40% of the proceeds benefit SEES PTO funded programs. Thanks for your support! If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Gallagher and Nilda O’Reilly at email@example.com
Multicultural Night March 30th
Join us for an evening of entertainment, display boards and a chance to learn about the many cultures found at our school on Friday, March 30 from 6-8p. This event is sure to be a wonderful experience for our entire SEES community! If celebrating your culture and country of origin with others is something that interests you, please consider being part of the
SEES Multicultural Night!
• Is there a neat tradition your family started way back when?
• Can your family speak another language besides English?
• Do you know musicians, dancers or other types of ethnic performers to invite?
• Would your family like to put together a display board representing your country of origin?
• Are you willing to share some textiles, musical instruments, crafts, maps, flags, currency or photos?
If you would like to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother/Son Kick Ball T-shirts
The annual mother/son kick ball event will be held on Friday, May 11th. Purple order forms for mother/son kick ball t-shirts were distributed via the Wednesday envelope last week. If you need another copy, you can download it from the SEES website. Orders are due to the PTO Box located outside of the Front Office by Wednesday, April 4th. Checks made payable to VDEFSEES or cash are accepted. Shirts will be distributed to your child’s classroom on Friday, May 4th. You do NOT need to purchase a t-shirt to participate in the event. Questions regarding the shirt order can be sent to email@example.com.
Get Your 2011-2012 SEES Yearbook
Yearbooks for sale! Our yearbook will be in full color again this year. Pre-order yours today for $20 each at www.jostensyearbooks.com. Only online orders are being accepted. If you have any questions, please contact the yearbook staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. We sold out last year! Don’t wait until the last minute
Thank you to all the families and business owners who have responded to the Sponsorship Match Program for the Country Fair Fundraiser. In case you haven’t heard, an anonymous donor has pledged to match all NEW Country Fair Sponsorships up to TEN thousand dollars. In just two weeks, your support has been amazing! We are currently at $3,195 in NEW sponsorships and are hoping to hit our goal of 10K. With many game booths still available, it’s not too late to participate and help the PTO reach their goal! If you have any
questions please email email@example.com. Thank you for supporting SEES!
Here are some other things that are needed to help make this year’s Country Fair a success. These items can be left in the community room in the box marked Country Fair Donations. The best time to access the box is before school, after school and on Wednesdays. Thank you to all the families that have donated items already.
- Bake Sale contributions; please contact Juli Defillipis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Items for auction baskets; please contact Gail Gonzalez at email@example.com.
- Prizes for prize booths. Please contact Annette Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org to donate any extra party favors that you have left over.
- The Candy mine is in need of hard, individually wrapped candy and tootsie pops for the lollipop tree. We also need pencils. If you have candy or pencils to donate, please contact Malia Goss at email@example.com.
- The Maze Team needs strong men to come help with set up Friday, April 27th, the night before the fair. Please contact Erin Witt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also need extra large ice chests and pop ups to use the day of the Fair. Please contact email@example.com.
- Room parents sent home a letter requesting donations for classroom baskets and for help working at the Fair.
- Contact your room parent if you did not receive this information.
- Attention Middle School Students! Have fun while you earn community service hours at the Country Fair. If you can volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Eagle has landed. Keep an eye out for the Eagle from the Angry Bird game. He will be a raffle ticket item to buy at presale ticket sales before the Fair.
- More information on the Fair is coming: details, times, and schedule. Be on the lookout. Fun is in the air. For any questions or if you would like to help in any way, please email us at email@example.com. Thank you for your support.