San Elijo Elementary PTO updates & Country Fair Reminders
April Dine Out (Tuesday 4.24) Planning your dinner meals for the week? Why not give yourself Tuesday evening off and join other SEES families at our April dineout! It will be taking place at the new Flippin’ Pizza location in San Marcos in the Ralph’s shopping center from 4:00-10:00 p.m. Flippin’ will be donating a whopping 50% of total purchases including all food and drink. Valid for dine-in and take-out, delivery not included. And keep an eye out during Tuesday dismissal… a dough thrower will be on our campus to remind us of the dineout! Hope to see you there!
Spirit Wear on Sale Friday We will be selling SEES Spirit Wear at the Student of the Month Flag Salute on Friday from 8:15 until 9:30am and at the Country Fair from 10am until 3pm. We will be debuting our new gray short sleeve San Elijo Elementary T-shirt and tank top on Friday! We also just received a new supply of hats, visors, and black soaring eagle tank tops for women and children. Come check it out! Please bring your credit cards, cash or checks payable to VDEF-SEES. Thanks!
Special Running Club Charm – April 27th This Friday only the running club is giving everyone who runs two laps a special Spring Running Charm.
Country Fair This Saturday!!It’s almost here!!!!! Saturday is the day! It’s our 5th annual Country Fair “Oh, The Places You’ll SOAR!” Get out those boots, dust off those hats, and shuffle on over to SEES for some good ol hootin and hollering. The Fair opens at 10:00 am and will be going on all day until 5 pm.There will be lots of fun games, auction room, bake sale, cakewalk, giant maze, train, inflatables, entertainment, and new food court with a variety of different food vendors to choose from. Country Fair Reminders
- Get out those baking pans and whip up a fun cake for the cakewalk. Cakes to be judged by our special Food Network Judge Melissa Maggiore.
- Make some fun treats for our bake sale, we know that you make the best baked goods, and they will be the hit of the Fair.
- The scarecrow contest is Friday at flag salute, and they will be displayed at the Fair.
- Bessie the cow spots are for sale. Please return your form and donation to the PTO box as soon as possible.
- The Community Service Project SEES Students Helping Students has begun; please bring in your school supplies to our collection bins.
- Presales are still going on M,W,F before and after school. Don’t forget to get our raffle tickets for the SEES parking lot parking space or the Angry Bird Eagle. Raffle to be drawn on Friday at flag salute.
- Volunteers are still needed for a variety of slots; please contact us as soon as possible. High School and Middle School students are encouraged to earn their community service hours.
- To continue to get updates on the Fair, please “like us” on our San Elijo Elementary Country Fair Facebook page.
- Still looking for candy for our candy mine, please drop off in the community room.
- We also need pop up tents and ice chests to use for the day of the Fair. Please label your tent and ice chest and drop off at the community room by Friday afternoon. We will be setting them up Friday after school and getting the ice chests ready to keep those drinks cool. You can pick them back up after the Fair, or Monday afternoon when school gets out at the shed by the cafeteria tables.
- Please feel free to come help us set up Friday after school at 4 pm and Saturday morning at 6 am, meet at the lunch tables. If you can help with clean up, we will start right after the Fair ends Saturday at 5.
- For any other Country Fair questions, please see the Fair web page on the SEES website.
- We look forward to seeing you all there. THANK YOU! The Country Fair Team
2012 Country Fair Stage & Entertainment Schedule
10:00 Fair Opening with SEES Student Council Members & SEES Cheerleaders
Pump up the Fair with music by DJ Extreme
10:45 Bushikan Dojo Demonstration
Grade level performances with Mr. David
11:00 5th grade drumming
11:15 4th grade
11:30 3rd grade
12:15 California All Stars Competitive Cheer Showcase
More Grade Level Performances
1:15 1st grade
1:30 2nd grade
2:00 SEES Talent Show Performers
2:30 San Elijo Dance & Music Academy Showcase
3:30 SEES Band